PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY
Maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients is a high priority. That is why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information. This notice is provided to you on behalf of 401K GPS, Inc ("401K GPS"), and applies to the 401K GPS websites and services.
Information We Collect: In connection with providing investment products, financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on our website, such as your name and email address, home address, telephone number, date of birth, occupation and employment status, education financial goals, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Billing and payment information, including credit card information and billing address.
- Information that is collected automatically when you interact with our websites, services, and communications. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every website you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose: We will not disclose information regarding you or your account with us, except under the following circumstances:
- To your authorized Registered Representative and his or her manager;
- To our parent companies or their affiliates and to our and their employees, to the extent permitted by law;
- To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company;
- To third parties who perform services or marketing on our behalf;
- To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
- To our attorneys, accountants or auditors; and
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
How We Use Information: Information may be used among our family of companies, their affiliates, and the companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers, or companies that help us market products and services to you for a number of purposes, such as:
- To request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the website and our publications, products and services;
- To communicate with you about your use of the website and services;
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft;
- To establish or maintain an account with our affililates or an unaffiliated third party.
- To comply with Federal, State, and Self-Regulatory Organization requirements;
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Our Security Policy: We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we collect from you, including physical, electronic, and procedural security measures, no security system is impenetrable.
Secure Server Access to our site is protected by the Secure Sockets Layer protocol which is the industry standard for secure data transfer software. SSL encrypts your personal information as it travels across the Internet. SSL is used by most commercial websites, including online banking sites and other consumer retail sites, to protect your information. In addition, our security includes 2-way data encryption that incorporates digital certificate technology. We support both 40- and 128-bit encryption technologies.
SSL is supported on the following platforms: Netscape Navigator 3.0 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 or higher, and AOL 3.0 or higher. They are all SSL-capable and will activate it automatically when you sign on to your account.
You can tell if your browser is in secure mode by the icons that appear on the bottom bar of your browser. In most browsers, a secure connection is indicated by a closed or locked padlock. If the padlock is open, your connection is not secure. If it is closed, you can double-click on the padlock to get more information about the security of the site you are visiting.
Furthermore, each user is issued a unique User ID to protect access to personal information. 401K GPS also monitors activity within the service. For instance, when certain multiple unsuccessful logon attempts occur, 401K GPS locks the account. The account remains locked until the customer verifies ownership and chooses a new password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Security measures you can take on the Internet: We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, but you also must play a role in ensuring that your personal information is secure and confidential. Here are five steps you can take to help us protect your information.
- Never tell anyone or otherwise share your User ID or password.
- Create hard-to-guess passwords.
- Change your password frequently.
- Be sure to log off your account before leaving your computer, especially public computers.
- Always close your browser after using the service.
Complaint Notification: Please direct complaints to: 401K GPS, Inc., 135 W. North Street, Brighton, MI 48116, [855.225.4986].